Covid-19 & Toys4engineers Conference & Expo
At Waterford Chamber, we’re making plans to return our highly-popular Toys4Engineers Expo and Conferences event for 2020. As Ireland enters the phase of reopening society and business, now more than ever we need to get back to showcasing our business and networking with like-minded individuals.
We have seen so many incredible innovations being created over the past number of months, particularly by companies who have supported our front line workers.
Toys4Engineers will be a platform for these innovations and our priority will be safety first. Packed with the latest technologies, robotics, green energy and much more, we will have indoor and outdoor exhibition spaces, as well as a packed digital offering making this hybrid event a must for industry professionals and technology enthusiasts.
Here, we outline the policies and practices we will operate at the Toys4Engineers event on 17th September 2020 at the WIT Arena to ensure a safe and successful event for attendees and staff alike.
We will adopt coordinated policies of control in relation to attendee-registration, notification of policies to attendees, access into the exhibition hall, hygiene, ingress and crowd management within the various exhibition areas.
Covid-19 Policies & Practices at Toys4Engineers 2020
Attendance will be marshalled to limit the number of attendees within the event hall at any given time to conform with HSE social distancing guidelines.
Attendees will pre-register online into specific time slots, with slots divided into 90-minute duration at each of the events, with additional event time added to accommodate five distinct slots across the day.
These slots will run as follows:
09.00 – 10.30
10.30 – 12.00
12.00 – 13.30
13.30 – 15.00
Each slot will be capacity-limited and will be closed off as capacity is reached is reached, with registrants asked to double-confirm their attendance before they receive confirmation of registration.
Guests will be advised not to travel to the event if they are feeling unwell, with attendance guidelines advised to all attendees on our website, social media and at all stages in the registration and confirmation process.
Our security personnel will marshal ingress into the event based on this listed criteria:
- Queue management will be in line with the up-to-date social distancing guidelines as advised by the Government and the HSE. Should the Government guidelines change, we will adapt these to our plans.
- Attendance will be strictly on a ‘Registered & Confirmed’ basis. Individuals who are not registered and confirmed will not be permitted access to the venue.
- Body temperature measurement will be performed via heat scanner / thermal imaging prior to their admission into the admission queue.
- Admission will be conditional on using hand-sanitiser.
- All attendees will be advised of appropriate hygiene protocols by way of hi-visibility signs on the way into each exhibition.
- Before the event, all event space will be fully cleaned and amenities disinfected.
- Dispensers with disinfectant will be installed in clearly visible locations at all entrances and exits.
- All event spaces will be well ventilated.
- Frequent cleaning of commonly used areas, such as washrooms, registration, and catering areas will take place
- An isolation room will be available for any attendees/exhibitors reporting symptoms of Covid-19, with a specific policy to be followed in any such event.
- All bathrooms will display signage indicating the correct hand washing procedure.
- We will make use of multiple entrances and exits to manage egress to each event, while lifts will be reserved for those with special needs.
- We will ensure a clean and safe event space is available for your exhibitors and attendees alike with hygiene notifications and reminders will be placed around the exhibition hall using display screens, posters and floor stickers
- Crowding will be minimised and we will use distancing measures to reduce close contact among attendees and exhibitors during the event.
- Cafeteria employees will wear face shields that cover the entire face.
- General cleansing work in the main areas, such as the entrances, toilets and seating areas, and everywhere the visitors can reach will take place.
Who Should Attend
Chief Executive Officers
Heads of Manufacturing
Heads of Human Resources
Heads of Purchasing
Manufacturing Innovation Leaders
Business Development Managers
Chief Technology Officers
Secondary School Students thinking of Engineering
Everyone interested in the latest hi-tech engineering toys